National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) was set up in 1982 by the Govt. of India as an autonomous body for growth and development of hospitality management education and sector in the country. The Bachelor of Science program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU). The 3 Yr. (6 Semester) full-time programme equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality sector. The program also involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the areas of Food Production, Food & Beverage Service and House Keeping. It also provides managerial inputs in Hotel Accountancy, Food Safety & Quality, HR Management, Facility Planning, Financial Management, Strategic Management, Tourism Marketing and Tourism Management.
QUALIFYING EXAMINATION :
Eligibility Criteria on the basis of which candidates can apply for NCHMCT JEE 2019 are as follows:
- 10+2 exam of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination or State Boards of Secondary Education
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by any recognised institution/university.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination approved by NCVT and SCVT of concerned state.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the Subjects, result of which should be available upto 30.09.2018.
For General and OBC Categories
The upper age limit for candidates from this category is 25 years as on July 1, 2019. Candidates born on or after July 1, 1994 are eligible to apply for NCHMCT.
For SC/ST categories
The upper age limit for candidates is 28 years as on July 1, 2019. SC/ST candidates born on or after July 1, 1991 are eligible to apply for NCHMCT.
For Physically Challenged
The upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he/she belongs to, that is, General/SC/ST/OBC.
PATTERN FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION
|S.N||Subject||No. of Questions||Duration|
|1||Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||30||3.00 Hrs|
|2||Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30|
|3||General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30|
|5||Aptitude for Service Sector||50|
Question Paper will be bilingual i.e. in English and Hindi (except for English Language component)
MARKING SCHEME FOR JEE WRITTEN TEST
Each correct answer under Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude, Reasoning & Logical Deduction, General Knowledge & Current Affairs and English Language components carry one mark. For any wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted. Graded mark(s) will be awarded under Aptitude for Service Sector component in the following manner; the most appropriate answer carries 1.00, the next appropriate answer carries 0.75, the next to next appropriate answer carries 0.50 whereas the inappropriate answer shall carry negative mark of 0.25.
|Schedule of NCHM JEE 2019||Dates|
|Release of notification||January 15, 2019|
|Last Date||March 15, 2019|
|NCHMCT exam||April 27, 2019|
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, popularly known as Indraprastha University(GGSIPU or IP or IPU) was established in 1998, is a public state university located in Delhi, India. The University aims to promote higher education like medicine, engineering, dentistry, law, hospitality etc.
- Student must be pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate* and must also have passed in English (core or elective or functional) as a subject.
- Candidates awaiting for their results or appearing for the qualifying exam can appear for exam to the fulfillment of the above conditions on declaration of the result.
- Candidate should not be beyond 21 years of age, as on 01.08.2018.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Widows or Wards of Defence Personnel/Persons With Disability will be allowed 5% relaxation of marks in the minimum eligibility requirement, irrespective of the fact whether there exists any reservation for any category of such candidates or not.
- English Language & Comprehension – (25%)
- General Awareness- (20%)
- Logical and Analytical Ability including Computer awareness- (30%)
- Knowledge of Accounts / Commerce & Science – (20%)
|Last Date for Application||22 April, 2019|
|Exam Date||1 June, 2019 (10.30 AM to 1 PM)|
|Result Declear||17th May, 2018|
Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management (DTHM) was established in JMI in the year 2012. DTHM, Jamia is devoted to excellence tourism education, training, consultancy and research. DTHM has always experimented with innovative involvements. Since Governments at central and State levels are recognizing tourism a priority area for economic development, it becomes imperative that DTHM reaches out to a variety of audiences that are directly and indirectly influenced by tourism activities.
Senior Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent examination from a recognized board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate of best 5 papers.
Maximum Marks: 100
Time Duration: 105 minutes
Marking Scheme:Yes, -0.25 for every wrong answer
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||25%|
|Reasoning -Verbal and Non-verbal||25%|
|Math (Quantitative Aptitude)||25%|
Important dates & events in Jamia 2019
|Registration Starts||14 March 2019|
|Registration End||12 April 2019|
|Exam Date||21 May 2019|
The Oberoi Group of Hotel’s Systematic Training and Education Programme (STEP) conducts exam for admission to the aspirants for hospitality management programmes offered by it.
Oberoi STEP was started in 2004 aiming to provide admission to candidates in 3 year program that practical training at a hotel of The Oberoi Group. With the help of this programme, candidates will get help to get training in the core functions of hotel management like Front Office, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage Service and Kitchen. It also involves training in Western and Indian kitchens and specialist sections such as bakery, pastry, and cold kitchen.
Practical training in courses offered at Oberoi Centre for Learning and Development (OCLD) is offered at The Oberoi Group of Hotels. Also, when candidates complete the programmes offered at Oberoi STEP they are awarded Bachelor of Tourism Studies (BTS) degree from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and a Certificate of Proficiency from The Oberoi Group.
- The candidate should be above 18 years of age and below 20 years of age, as on 15th August of the year of the commencement of the programme.
- The candidate should have to pass class XII as on 1st July of the year of the commencement of the programme, from a board recognized by the Indira Gandhi National Open University, India.
Hotel Operations Programme and Kitchen Operations Programme
- The candidate should have obtained 61% marks, in English in class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a B2 Grade or a 7 Grade Point.
Hotel Operations Programme
- The candidate should have obtained 51% marks, in English in class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a C1 Grade or a 6 Grade Point.
|Sr. No.||Oberoi STEP||Important Date|
|1||Starting date of registration of Oberoi STEP||1st February 2019|
|2||Closing date of registration of Oberoi STEP||March 2019|
|3||Download the Oberoi STEP Admit Card||March 2019|
|4||Oberoi STEP Entrance Examination||April 2019|
|5||Announcement of Oberoi STEP Exam Result||May 2019|
|6||Course will commence||August 2019|