The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), is an all India common entrance examination, conducted by 21 National Law Universities (NLUs) on a rotational basis for admissions to their UG and PG degree programmes.
CLAT is conducted as per a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the convenience of the students opting for admission to various National Law Universities(NLU) in the country. CLAT provides a list of candidates on the basis of â€˜merit-cum- preference to each University for admission to their Under-Graduate/Post-Graduate programmes.
The participating NLUs are :
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru
- (India)National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research (NALSAR), University of Law, Hyderabad
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
- National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab
- Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy (NLUJA), Assam
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS), Tiruchirappalli
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Aurangabad
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (MPDNLU)
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University
Eligibility criteria for UG Programme:
- For Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories:The candidates must have secured Forty five percent (45%) marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2).
- For Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories:The candidates must have secured Forty Percent (40%) marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2).
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in CLAT online examination. They required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT.
- In case of equal marks, the break of a tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the CLAT-2018 exam
- Higher age
- Computerised draw of lots
The pattern of Question Paper for the UG Courses in CLAT-2019
|(b)||Duration of CLAT-2019 Exam||02:00 Hours|
|(c)||Multiple-Choice Questions||200 questions of one mark each|
|(d)||Subject areas with weight-age:|
|1. English including comprehension||40 Marks|
|2. General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Marks|
|3. Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Marks|
|4. Legal Aptitude||50 Marks|
|5. Logical Reasoning||40 Marks|
|(e)||Negative Marking||0.25 Mark for each wrong answer|
Important dates & events in CLAT 2019
|Commencement of online application||13th January 2019|
|Last date for application||31st March 2019|
|Admit Card Release||Not Announced|
|CLAT 2019 Date & Time||12th May 2019 (Sunday)|
|CLAT 2019 Result Announcement||Not Announced|
Symbiosis Law School(SLS), Pune stands for excellence in legal education in the city of Pune. It was established in 1977 under the illustrious banner of Symbiosis Society. Since 2002, it has been a constituent of Symbiosis International University, which is accredited by â€˜NAACâ€™ with â€˜Aâ€™ grade. SLS Pune has been ranked continuously amongst top 10 Law Schools in India by the “India Today-Nielsen” and “The Week survey”. It was conferred with the prestigious Gold Star Award by the Bar Council of India in February. It offers 5-year integrated Undergraduate Programmes such as Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws [BBA. LL.B(Honours)], Bachelor of Arts(BA.) and Bachelor of Laws [BA. LL.B( Honours)], BA. / BBA. LL.B, 3 year LL.B and One year LL.M programme.
Standard XII (10+2) or equivalent examination passed from any recognized board with minimum 45% marks (40% marks for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).
Format of SLAT 2018
|Sr. No||Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
Important dates & events
|Commencement of online application||24th January 2019|
|Last date for application||15th April 2019|
|Admit Card Release||20th April 2019|
|Exam Date||4th May 2019|
Jamia Millia Islamia
The Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 1989. At the outset a three year LL.B. programme was introduced. Over the past two decades, the Faculty has made significant progress in terms of restructuring of Courses and Syllabi, introducing new courses, experimenting with innovative techniques of imparting legal education and strengthening its clinical programme in order to give due emphasis to the expanding horizons of the legal profession.
A candidate to the B.A.LLB.(Hons.) Course is required to have:
- Passed the class XII examination in the 10+2 scheme or its equivalent in any discipline securing in the aggregate not less than 50% of the total marks in all the core subjects and English Language put together.
The pattern of Question Paper for the UG Courses in Jamia-2018
Number of Question: 150
Max. Marks: 150
Negative Marking: Yes
|1||Legal language English including Comprehension||30|
|3||Legal Aptitude/Legal Reasoning||40|
|5||Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10|
Important dates & events in Jamia 2019
|Registration Starts||14 March 2019|
|Exam Date||12 June 2019|
Tag:Acme Entrance Expert, Bachelor in Laws and Legislation, best coaching institute for clat entrance in delhi, best coaching institute for clat in west delhi, best institute for law entrance in delhi, best institute for law in uttam nagar delhi, best institute for law in vikas puri delhi, CLAT, clat entrance coaching in delhi, Clat entrance coaching in west delhi, Common Law Admission Test, LAW, law entrance coaching in delhi, law entrance coaching in uttam nagar delhi